Writing Helps Me

Dealing with the tremendous loss of my niece has had so many emotions swirling around my head. I was in such despair of Shannon's murder that all I wanted to do was go where she was, so I could watch over my daddy, my nephew Sam and Shannon. I knew all I had to do was just not take my heart medication and the pain would be over soon. I would not have to worry about this world and all the bad things in it. I had to get out of that head space, GOD gave me a second chance in more ways than one. I had to tell Shannon's story. From not just my own perspective, but from the people around her who were willing to share their stories with me. I owed her that to finish what I started for her.
As hurt as I am, this is NOT MY LIFE, GOD gave it to me and it is HIS WILL and time frame that he will call me home. I re-read the most beautiful and touching letter from a young woman who did not have much time with Shannon, but she loved her enough for this lifetime and she promised to see her in the next one.
I hope I have done enough good in this one to get to the next lifetime.
I think that I may have to go back through my archives and re-read the seven stages of grieving again to pull myself out of this emotional wreckage. I know my grief will never be able to match what my sister is going through, but when you have a hand in raising children the loss of them still feels the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Mrs. Troupe

When Your Body Starts to Fail You

Sistabond